Sunday, September 13, 2009

Monster Cookie Recipe, GLUTEN FREE

This is for my "girls!"

I made some cookies for a special girl day today. They were a hit, always a good thing. I told them I would share the recipe and figured this was just as good a place as any to share.

blend together:
1 lb butter (a box)
3 lb peanut butter (6 3/4 cups)
2 lb brown sugar
4 cups sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 Tbsp corn syrup
1 dozen eggs

add:
8 tsp baking soda
18 cups rolled oats
16 oz bag of m&ms
1 cup coconut
1 cup raisins
1 12 oz bag chocoalte chips
1/2 cup molasses
cinnamon (optional)----Ben and I both do not do well with cinnamon so I leave it out.
1 tsp allspice (optional)

Cook for 15 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven. Technically I think all the yummys above can be optional but why would you leave them out!

I always half my recipe but this is my mother-in-law's recipe and she makes the whole recipe. She is great and makes this for Fathers Day and gives all her boys a big bunch of these.

I like this recipe because it is flourless. I can gluten free oats and this recipe is so yummy I don't feel like I am giving anything up by eating gluten free. That is what it is all about! But it can be spendy to get all the ingredients.

2 comments:

momaof4 said...

Yum!!! Can't wait....I might have to half it too :)

lizzabug said...

The recipe is huge! How can it need only one little tsp of corn syrup? I bet they are yummy.