Thursday, April 15, 2010

Gluten Free Wednesday on Thursday

Last week I tried Kinnikinnick bread mix for the second time hoping that I did something wrong the first time. Nope, the second time it tasted as bad as the first time. (And smells worse then it tastes.) I threw away those mixes and went in search of a new bread mix. I ordered 6 boxes of Gluten Free Pantry Favorite Sandwich Bread mix from Amazon.com last week and yesterday in came in the mail. I could not wait to try this bread. My mom makes it for my dad and he likes it and the reviews are all very good. So last night I went and bought meat and cheese and am so excited to try a sandwich later today. But this morning I made the bread.

I had read the reviews to not use the bread machine as the dough does not seem to rise right. I also read that the yeast that comes in this box may be old. I happened to have an extra at home and decided to use that instead of the one that came with it. I took pictures along the way to show you and am pleased to say that I had a piece of bread with butter and honey. I will be honest and say I was hoping for more but it was good. Great texture, feels like bread, smells good, but just a bit plain. I may add some spices next time. It also has a raisin bread recipe on the back of the box I may try sometime. But I think that with sandwich makings it will work great.



No comments: