Friday, May 30, 2008
Thursday, May 29, 2008
This is just so embarrassing, frustrating, annoying. I keep thinking if only 5 more seconds, if only he had honked instead of slowing down like he says he did, if only I had seen him. And just one more week of school and then I won't be out on the road during the busy hour. I mean Ida St. is so busy for about 30 minutes in the morning and then it is dead. 1 more week!
I just want to crawl into bed and go to sleep. I have talked to everyone needed this morning and now that I am relaxing I am bone tired. Maybe it is nap time. Nighty-night.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
1. You've ever ended a sentence with the word SIKE.
2. You can sing the rap to the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and can do the Carlton
3. You know that 'WOAH' comes from Joey on Blossom
4. If you ever watched 'Fraggle Rock'
5. It was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.
6. You wore a ponytail on the side of your head.
7. You got super-excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.
8. You made your mom buy one of those clips that would hold your shirt in a knot on the side.
9. You played the game 'MASH'(Mansion, Apartment, Shelter, House)
10. You wore stonewashed Jordache jean jackets and were proud of it.
11. You know the profound meaning of ' WAX ON , WAX OFF'
12. You wanted to be a Goonie.
13. You ever wore fluorescent clothing. (some of us...head-to-toe)
14. You can remember what Michael Jackson looked like before his nose fell off and his cheeks shifted.
15. You have ever pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.
16. You took lunch boxes to school...and traded Garbage Pailkids in the schoolyard.
17. You remember the CRAZE, then the BANNING of slap bracelets.
18. You still get the urge to say 'NOT' after every sentence.
19. You thought your childhood friends would never leave because you exchanged handmade friendship bracelets.
21. You ever owned a pair of Jelly-Shoes.
22. After you saw Pee-Wee's Big Adventure you kept saying 'I know you are, but what am I?' 23. You remember 'I've fallen and I can't get up'
24. You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates.
25. You have ever played with a Skip-It.
26. You remember boom boxes and walking around with one on your shoulder like you were all that.
27. You remember watching both Gremlins movies.
28. You thought Doogie Howser/Samantha Micelli were hot.
29. You remember Alf, the lil furry brown alien from Melmac.
30. You remember New Kids on the Block when they were cool...and don't even flinch when people refer to them as 'NKOTB'
31. You knew all the characters names and their life stories on 'Saved By The Bell,' The ORIGINAL class.
32. You know all the words to Bon Jovi - SHOT THROUGH THE HEART.
33. You just sang those words to yourself.
34. You still sing 'We are the World'
35. You tight rolled your jeans.
36. You owned a bannana clip.
37. You remember 'Where's the Beef?'
38. You used to (and probably still do) say 'What you talkin' 'bout Willis?'
39. You're still singing Shot Through The Heart in your head, aren't you!
Okay seriously this is so me! I think there were just a couple that I did not do, mostly because my parents wouldn't let me watch some shows. This also reminded me of my best friend Sarah McAllister. We did a lot of these together.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
And if you have not seen this movie-GO RENT IT. It even ended the way I wanted it to!
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Robin Jones Gunn is a fun women's author. She has many series out that I have enjoyed but her latest series is the Sisterchick Series. Book 7 came out last week and I had pre-ordered it from Amazon so I would have it right away. In each book Robin Gunn takes 2 ladies, different ladies in each book, on an adventure somewhere in the world and along the way they learn something about God and about friendships. Usually the women are in their 50's so it is fun to imagine going with some girlfriends at my mothers age and gallivanting around the world. In this book they travel to England. It is full of little bits of British History and British literature. I am now dreaming of the day I can go to England!
The main verse that ran through this book was from Jeremiah, "I will give them hearts that will recognize me as LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me wholeheartedly." Do you recognize the Lord in the everyday? Do we give our hearts wholeheartedly to God and His plans for us? This book is a nice light read but it also really got me thinking about these ideas. The sisterchicks also realized that God is a giver. He wants to bestow gifts on us, we just need to stop and accept them. This is a line form the book, our "expectations are small, Gods gifts to us are immense." O, So true! Sometimes I feel guilty for all I have. But I need to stop that feeling and just revel in all he has blessed me with. He is a God that giveth and taketh away and I am in a period where he is giving. I need to open my heart and recognize the LORD in my blessings and be content.
Friday, May 23, 2008
Next week it will be 2 whole hours of LOST!
O, and the tooth fairy visited Alicia in the night. This is her/his 7th visit! Alicia was a bit disappointed this morning that it was a dollar bill and not a gold dollar. Seriously! Those gold dollars are just too heavy to fly with!
Thursday, May 22, 2008
(Don't mind all the junk in the background of the pictures. Our backyard is pretty messed up right now as we work on it! And below is Ethan on the way to the beach.)
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Thanks Amy for convincing me to do this.
Next year I am thinking about helping by JUST being a listener for Sparks but I have loved my free Wednesday evening with the kid and Ben gone. But Alicia would go to AWANA with her verse memorized and come home without it marked off because there just wasn't time for all the kids!! Made me feel a bit guilty.
So next September you will have to ask me what I have decided. For now I am just happy that the year is officially OVER!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Thursday, May 1, 2008
I cannot wait to put some books on this thing. I am not very good at technical stuff but I want to have them on there before she opens it. She will love it! And I may be borrowing it soon while I work out.