Friday, October 8, 2010

Choose to SEE Him!

"...when the path is darkest , He leaves little bits of evidence all along the way-bread crumbs of grace-that can give me what I need to take the next step. But I can only find them if I choose to SEE."
Mary Beth Chapman


I just finished Choosing to SEE by Mary Beth Chapman. It was suggested by Alyssa Worst and it was a great recommendation. Mary Beth writes about her life and some of her lifelong thorns. She also walks through the process of adoption and then about the loss of her youngest, Maria. I cried at almost every page. The Chapman family has gone through some amazingly tough situations and through it all have been able to turn to the Lord. They are still walking through tough days but they have not let Satan tear them apart. I wish I had bought this book in real hands-on format but I got it on my Kindle. Otherwise I would be loaning it to every one of you. It talks mostly about how their family walked through the loss and kept the faith but it has something for everyone who has gone through any type of problem.

In the background they talked about their son, Caleb, who has started his own band. I went online today and I love his voice!!! LOVE IT. I would download his songs but sadly I don't really care for the songs themselves. Hmmm, I am hoping I can follow this young mans career and find some songs I would love to buy.

Go to the library today and read this book. You will find something in it will speak to you. It also may give you a desire to adopt. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad to hear about another person who has read the book. It's beautiful!!!! I loved it too, obviously. ;) Glad you enjoyed it as much as I. And I am curious about your last statement. It made me think too. But for now, we are just trying to get through our little ups and downs. But maybe someday.