Thursday, March 10, 2011

Collin Update

So Collin had his spinal tap today and they discovered Leukemia. It is the most common kind and they start treatment today. He will stay up at Doernbechers for another 5 days and then see if he is able to go home. This is getting close to his 2nd birthday and I sure hope he is home by March 20th. They said treatment will probably last about 3 years. I don't know much more then that as I get my info over the phone. :) We went up and saw him last night and he looked good. His color was back from the blood transfusions and he seemed more like the old Collin. I couldn't get enough of him. He is so adorable. I love when he tells the doctors, "No Thank You!" Such manners.

His family is going to need a lot of prayers. Rachel is 6 weeks from having a little girl and this is just awful news for a parent. But they should be very proud of their boy. He is so well behaved and everyone loves him so much.

keep the prayers coming.

4 comments:

Candi said...

Dear God,
I pray that you draw the whole Wilson family together through this tough time. I pray that you give Danny and Rachel wisdom, strength, peace and rest. I pray that you be with Rachel in the last few weeks of her pregnancy. I pray for little Collin. Please help him to continue to be his sweet little self through all of this. Heal his little body. Be with his doctors, nurses and all who care for him.
Amen

We love you guys and are praying hard for all of you. ~Candi

KLB said...

Dee, What made them wonder if he did have Lukemia? I hate this disease with a passion. I will keep them in my prayers. Poor baby!

momaof4 said...

We know a family that fought this and won!! They are now going to be missionaries! God can heal. And I am praying he does a wonderful work in Collin.

Maybe we should just all bring each other dinner this week!! :)

God Made Playdough said...

I'm so sorry! :( Praying!!!!