Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Summer School, already?

This morning Alicia asked me if this summer when I do "summer school" if they could make volcanoes. I said that sounded great. But it got me thinking. I know I can do my summer school when I have lesson plans all done but when I just have vague ideas of what to do I start to flounder. When real school started last fall I knew I had to start earlier this time to get lesson plans done for the whole summer and FINISH this year.

So I am going to be looking for cool ideas again. We will be doing something similar to last year. We will study each continent. The kids learned a lot and we could do this every summer until they started college and they would learn new things. The world is BIG.

So if you have any great ideas please share. If you would like to do something like this at your home I can tell you that the sugar cube pyramids for Egypt was a big hit.

No comments: