Monday, November 15, 2010

12 Days of Christmas


I have been trying to finish up my Christmas shopping and got to thinking about the 12 days of Christmas. People were talking about how they buy small things for their husbands starting December 13 and ending on Christmas. I thought this would be a nice way to show Ben some extra attention and decided to look up the origin of 12 days of Christmas. I may be the only one who really didn't know the meaning of this but I found that is actually a religious tradition. Also, I didn't know that it actually starts on Christmas and ends January 5, the day of Epiphany. The term epiphany means "to show" or "to make known" or even "to reveal." In Western churches, it remembers the coming of the wise men bringing gifts to visit the Christ child, who by so doing "reveal" Jesus to the world as Lord and King. Now I am unsure how or if I want to take part in this. Will be mulling this one over. Maybe I will just use my ideas for his stocking.

No comments: