Monday, November 29, 2010

A real Snow Day

Saturday the kids and I somehow convinced Ben to take us up to the snow. I love taking day trips as a family. We have such good times, lots of talking and laughing and fun snacks. We left early, about 8, and made it up the snow where we went to our usual spot, a parking lot. We then played for a couple hours. Ben and Alicia worked on an igloo while Ethan and I just played in the snow. Really I just like to sit and take in the beauty of it all and throw an occasional snow ball. Especially since if I tried to walk in the snow I would fall through all the way to my bottom. It was deep. I had to crawl everywhere. Maybe some snowshoes are needed in my future. Because I woud use them so often here in the valley.
We then headed into Sisters for lunch. We were recommended Three Creeks Brewery by a local and it was so yummy. I think we could eat at this restaurant every day and be happy. Then we drove on home. It was a great day. the snow was fresh and perfect for playing in. It was deep and plentiful. It did not rain on us as it has in years past. It actually snowed lightly throughout the day. I hope we can get in another snow day before winter is over. It was a great family day.

Sadly before we left for the day I realized my camera's battery was dead. I charged it while we finished getting everything together but that was only 5 minutes. I got some pictures but my battery died before they finished the igloo. I am so sad as it actually turned out and looked really cool. In one of the pictures you can see the blocks around Alicia. That is the base of the igloo.

Alicia just loves me taking her picture!


2 comments:

Duo Na said...

Sounds like it was a fun day!

momaof4 said...

What fun!! We have made a couple trips to the Mountain house already this year. Crazy snow. I am all caught up on your blog. I didn't comment on everything though. and I would love that stocking stuffer if you wnat to add something this year :)
See you soon friend.