Friday, January 21, 2011

one less child

It probably seems strange that I keep talking about families adopting from Ethiopia. No, we are not adopting! but these stories have captured my heart. Today a particular post caught my attention I wanted to share it with you. It is about the American family meeting the Ethiopian mother and the emotions that go with that. The adoptive mother just has a way with words and I found myself crying for the loss. Please take a moment and read it.
When we Belong

I have read, and now follow, many blogs on adopting from Ethiopia. This country is losing so many children. I am so grateful that Americans are able to adopt these children, give them a future. But I feel saddened that they are losing their beautiful babies. I just hurt for this country. A country with people God created. With people God loves. But a country that cannot care for their people. It hurts my heart.

No comments: