Thursday, September 10, 2009

new series

I just finished a two book series by Elizabeth Knox. I found this author because I actually went to Stephanie Meyer's website hoping to hear more on her vampire series. She had written some on her blog about who she was reading and liked. I thought I would give these books a try. I am glad I did. They were so different from anything I have ever read. They are scyfy, which I am not a big fan of. But these books were so creative. Dreamhunter is the first book but technically I think these two books should have been put in one book. You cannot read them separately as they are the same story, just book one is the beginning and just as it hits the climax she finishes in book 2, Dreamquake.

It is about a group of people who can go into "The Place" and catch dreams and bring them back to everyone else. The underlying story is that "The Place" seems to be made for a certain family and the reader is trying to figure out why and how. It is quite the journey.

I am not good at writing reviews but I think you should give this series a go. I had to give them 5 stars as shelfari won't let me put 4.5. They are not my favorite books but they are so original and creative that I loved reading something different. I liked not knowing where she was going and then at the end realizing she had left many hints along the way.

2 comments:

momaof4 said...

hmmm, will have to make a note of it. I am in a reading drought. SO many other things to get done now that the kiddos are gone.
1) pictures
2) quilt that I have had for at least 3 years :)

KLB said...

Can I borrow??
I really want to host a book exchange someday. Wouldn't that be fun!?