Friday, August 8, 2008

One World One Dream

I took this picture from the Great Wall of China in August 2006. It seemed weird to see an Olympic symbol 2 years before they were to occur but now it is so cool to have this picture!

I loved the opening ceremony tonight! I am not sure if part of it is that I have been to China. I know how welcoming the Chinese people are. I have seen the "bird nest" in the beginning building process. I know how HOT it is in August. Sweltering. I can believe that some of what we are seeing is not smog but humidity. Take a look at my picture! You can not see the nest very clearly there either. Being there at the SAME EXACT time 2 years ago I can imagine what these athletes are working through.
I love hearing all the little bits of China's long history. But WOW the show was amazing. Such beauty. I am not sure how 10 people can sychronize something let alone have thousands of people move in such harmony. Then watching each country walk in in all the wonderful colorful outfits. Hearing the stories for athletes or the country itself. It gets me excited for the stories they bring all week long. you know, the ones that make me cry.

I love that once every few years all the world gets together and at least try to get along. As Morgan Freeman states in the VISA commercial, "We don't always agree. But for a few shining weeks we set it all aside and we come together to stand and cheer and celebrate as one. We forget all the things that make us different and remember all the things that make us the same."

It gets me to thinking about heaven. When we get there we won't be different anymore. We will be one family. There will someone from every nation praising Jesus TOGETHER~~ FOR ETERNITY! We will lift our voices and sing as one. There won't even be a whisper of war! What an amazing thought! How beautiful that will be!

2 comments:

momaof4 said...

Thanks for the reminder friend. Hope to see you Tuesday.

KLB said...

Dee, what a beautiful entry! It was so cool to see your pictures!