Monday, March 1, 2010

Beach Day

I owe you, my readers, an apology. Yesterday my family went to the beach. I am NOT sorry for that as we had a grand day. I am sorry that I did not think about taking one picture to show you all. Nope. I have gone from a mommy that had a picture of every waking moment of her children's lives to a mommy that has not taken a picture in a month. Okay, I did take a picture Saturday night but that doesn't count.

So you will have to "imagine" what a wonderful day it was. Ben has been busier then ever this year with his job. I am finally feeling what it may be like to be a CPA widow that people sometimes call me. So when we agreed that Sunday we would have a family day and go to the beach I was very excited. The weather was as good as you can get in February. We played at our favorite park, which happens to be in Lincoln City. Then we went to the outlet mall. Ben never wants do that so it was a treat. We only went on 2 stores but I was able to find a pair of jeans. It made my day, my week, my month. I rarely get out to an adult "clothing" store. (I was going to say an adult store but I decided to clarify for some of my dirty minded friends) So to be able to shop for something I needed was wonderful. We then went to the beach and had a grand time. Finally before we left for the day we stopped in to the 60's diner for some milkshakes and mozzarella sticks.

It was a very lovely day. Until about 10 miles from home when Ben was pulled over in a police sting! It has been over 10 years since he has had a ticket but they still felt the need to let him know that HWY 22 is 55 mph not 70. :( Thankfully Ben and I both know he deserves this ticket. He never goes the speed limit on 22. NEVER. We have talked about this day for years. So we took the ticket unhappily thinking about what we could have bought with that money but knowing full well it was deserved. I thought it was going to put a cloud over our glorious day out together but strangely it didn't.

3 comments:

godizlife said...

where did you find that pic so funny. and i doubt anyone would think you found jeans at an adult store.now if you would have said teddy no one would think bear with adult atatched to it. sorry ben got that ticket i hate that feeling!

Unknown said...

Glad you clarified! :)

momaof4 said...

Tell him if he can just show his cute little face for his hearing, the knock money off!! So it won't be as much as a full ticket. Not that we know this from personal experience or anything.

What are adult clothing stores??? I don't know the last time I shopped for me!!