Sunday, August 4, 2019

DAY 4 British Museum and a Sunday Roast

This morning we were out the door at 8:20 for an early morning tour of Ancient Egypt at the British Museum before it opened to the public.  I loved seeing the Rosetta stone before what our guide called "The Tsunami" hit. But he was an older gentleman full of so much knowledge that it was a bit boring.  I was a bit disappointed, though he was a very pleasant man. We then checked out other areas of this amazing museum before leaving for our lunch reservation.





I had reservations at Hawksmoor Seven Dials for a traditional British Sunday Roast complete with a Yorkshire pudding.  I was disappointed I didn't get this in on our last trip so it went to the top of the list. Now that it's been done I don't have do it again. The plates are impressive looking.  It was fun watching everyone's faces around the very cool restaurant as their plates hit the tables.

We then struck out for Oxford Street for some shopping. Visited our favorites from last trip and found some new favorites.


After dropping off bags and a short rest we headed out to dinner at The Black Dog pub so Ben could have fish and chips.

and so day 4 comes to an end. Hoping Alicia and I sleep better tonight.  It's been pretty rough the last few nights. But the temperature is dropping in London and the flat isn't nearly as hot tonight as it has been so I'm hopeful. 


No comments: