Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Day 13 last full day in Paris

This morning we had tickets to go up the Eiffel Tower at 10.  Poor Ethan found his fear of heights really come alive as we went up but he was such a trooper. But when we went to go down on the elevator he was terrified we were really going up higher.




Had reservations at 20 Eiffel. It was good but I think that we decided we just don't care for fancy French food that much.  Give us French street food anytime.


Though that dessert. Yum... I'm going to try and figure out how to make it. Berry mousse with a sorbet middle, over fresh strawberries all covered in berry meringue bits.  Incredible.


Headed to Shakespeare and Company for a couple books for me and more for Alicia, some shopping along the Seine and they headed off for a croissant rest while I hit Saint Chapelle. It was very pretty when I entered but I was thinking how glad the kids would be not to be there. They've seen a lot of chapels and Cathedrals this trip.

 Then I went upstairs and gasped. It was awesome! Pictures cannot take in the magnitude of the beauty



Headed back to the hotel where the fam was resting. Alicia napped while the three of us tried to be quiet reading books,  working, playing on electronics.
Around 6:30 we headed back to the Luxembourg Gardens.  We had free unplanned hours this evening (I had planned Rodin Museum but we saw so very many statues in the Louvre that the family is happier not seeing anymore) and Ethan really wanted to go back. I also find it addicting and am happy to return.  We weren't there very long because it started to sprinkle so we headed to crepes.  After that we went and got some more gelato!
Back to the hotel to try and pack everything up. We might have bought too much. 😂😉

10,500 steps

No comments: