Monday, August 5, 2019

Day 5 Royal Day Out and Afternoon Tea

Today is Ben and I's 19th Wedding Anniversary.
So I wanted to schedule things for today that were  a bit more fancy.
We started at 9:30 with the Royal Day Out. This allowed us to see the Queens Gallery, Royal Mews and the State Rooms at Buckingham Palace.
(Technically we started with a 40 minute walk in the rain where my hair became a huge frizz ball and makeup was in disarray.  I was not a happy camper and I'm sad that I was a mess because I wanted family pictures taken today.  Hopefully another day works out.)

The Queens Gallery is showing Leonardo Davinci's art works right now.  It was so impressive.  How he was able to draw such tiny lines in 1500 is incredible.


Then to the Royal Mews to see the horses,  which are actually in Holiday roaming fields during the summer,  and the Royal carriages. So opulent.


Then to Buckingham Palace where no photos are allowed.  This place is really incredible.  I loved the chandeliers in the Ballroom. 

We then walked to Fortnum and Mason for Afternoon Tea. But first a quick stop in at Waterstones for some book shopping. Then into F&M for more shopping and then our AT.  Our service was better last time but the food was still yummy.  I am on a mission to find the recipe for their curry chicken salad.  We LOVED those sandwiches.  Ben and Ethan may have had more then their fair share. They also enjoyed the tea they chose so we had to go back downstairs to buy the tea for home after we were finished. 
Gluten free for me! The desserts may have been a bit sad compared to the others but the scones and sandwiches were very yummy.



We were stuffed so three of us decided to taxi back while Ben wanted to walk off his food.
Now we are in for the evening doing laundry and reading our new books.

Steps today 12,600, though Ben probably got near 14,000.

No comments: