Sunday, August 11, 2019

Day 11 Paris

This morning we had timed tickets to the Louvre. I had initially wanted to get the Paris Museum Pass but I had been reading articles the weeks leading up to our trip that they sometimes weren't being honored if the Louvre felt they were too busy.
We walked there on a quite Sunday morning and took in the views of the Seine.

We went and saw the newly moved Mona Lisa along with every other person in the museum at that time.  They've changed the viewing area so now you are corralled through in a weaving line and can get much closer to it then before.


 She's a bit underwhelming but you can't not visit her!
Then we walked around aimlessly for a couple hours before calling uncle and escaping.  Just so many items in this museum!




We left through the Tuileries Garden where Ethan bought a painting from a man selling them in the path.  He's very happy with his Paris purchase.

Next was lunch at Auberge Nicolas Flamel. Nicolas Flamel was mentioned in Harry Potter as an alchemist. But he was a real person known for philanthropy and one of his houses, built in 1407, is now a Michelin star restaurant.
We tried some things we'd never had before. Ben ordered foie gras and we sampled it. Yuck! We also had a chocolate souffle for dessert, yum.




We then headed back to the hotel for a little rest. Already well over 10,000 steps at this point.

I woke from a nap to an alert on my phone letting me know I had spent £107.00 in London. I'm in Paris.  I called and they were very kind.  It hadn't hit my account yet so when it actually goes through I have to call again. They canceled my card.  Sent a new one to home and updated my Google pay.   Such a nuisance.

We then headed to the Arc de Triomphe. I had waffled over going up but then when we saw they couldn't take backpacks up I stayed with Alicia's while they went up. We later found out backpacks could have gone up!
They got amazing shots of Paris.


    
We then headed out for crepes! They were delicious. 

As we ate we decided to move the boat ride on the river Seine to tonight because the other evenings look like rain. 
It was amazing. The weather, the views, the company all super. And I've never gotten to see the Eiffel Tower sparkle on the hour after sunset it was AMAZING!




It was a late evening and we had to get up at 6:30 so it was off to bed right away. 

No comments: