Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Day 7 London Southbank

This trip has been mostly new adventures. We barely made a hit in the list of things to do on our list trip. Afternoon Tea at Fortnum and Mason and today's boat ride were the only scheduled repeats on this trip.
We started the morning at 10 when Borough Market opened. This is a food market. I can't believe that when I look at my pictures I only took one picture of all the stands and stalls and trucks! I bought spices and a juice while the boys went for meat sticks. Alicia got some dried fruits and a cinnamon roll for later and we got a meringue to share tonight.  They shared a rice bowl and we finished with some lemonade and watermelon juice.



The meringue ended up not being that great and we tossed most of it.

We then realized we had time to add in the Imperial War Museum nearby that the boys had never been to. 

We came back to the flat for a small break before an evening Thames River Rocket cruise. I enjoyed this so much last time and wanted to go again.  I still enjoyed it but I did spend the trip worried if Ethan was because I had forgotten he can get seasick.  But seeing the buildings from the water and feeling the wind in your hair as you zip along on the water was incredible.




Dinner at Honest Burgers, which has good gluten free burgers, and a grocery stop on the way home.  Now resting our weary bodies.  Today was a lot of walking. 18,000 steps.

No comments: