Sunday, December 7, 2008

Date nights with daddy

The weekend is over! Well not really but the hard stuff. This weekend was the Bizarre our school helps with. Because I am the room mom I was in charge of the first grade booth. But I was sick. So as the weekend rolled around I started to dread it. Friday night I went down and set up the booth. By the end I was pretty exhausted. Thankfully enough moms had signed up for hours on Saturday that I didn't really have to be down there. Ben took 2 of my hours (after going to work very early to get his work hours in)so I only had to be down there the last half hour and clean up. After hauling all the boxes and tables out to the van I was done. But it is over and we made it through. I am so thankful to the moms who pitched in Saturday, and the amazing dad as well.

Today was supposed to be the day we went tree picking. It is now raining so I am not sure if we will. Hoping it breaks right after church so we can make a run at it. We did move Alicia's date night up to this afternoon. Ben takes Alicia to Build a Bear every December. It is their tradition. So tonight he will take her there and then to the Cheesecake Factory. I had bought the Build A Bear gift cards this summer when I had some money and also the Cheesecake Factory gift card! We also have a 10$ off coupon if you spend 50$ at BAB! So tonight is like a free night for them. Well maybe a prepaid night. (I am hoping for a piece of cheesecake to come home for me!)

Moving this night frees up a weekend day we had originally planned for their date! We are trying to leave as many days open as we can for the Zoo lights. We will go this month but are looking for a day that doesn't rain. Last night would have been good except Ethan and I were sick. Also Ethan had his date night with daddy last night. Polar Express was showing at the Star for $1 or canned food. Can't beat that!


VBC MOPS said...

What a special time for her and Daddy! I love how you plan ahead for these things. It inspires me to do that. I hope you feel better soon!

momaof4 said...

Hope your better!!

We went Saturday got there right at 5:30 and the line for the train was already an hour!! Goodness. We passed it up this year, and just walked around and then headed off to dinner. I hope the nights clear so you can go too!!