Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas.

It is amazing all the work that goes into this day. I love Christmas. I love the time we make to do fun family outings all month. The food we allow ourselves to eat one time a year. Making sure we get to see family that lives far away. My mom's chocolate cake and homemade frosting for Jesus' birthday. I also love buying gifts. Ben and I are not big present buyers through the year so at Christmas we make up for it. We also wrap everything and anything they may need. So there was panties/underwear and pajamas (and lots of them) that the kids opened, besides the wanted gifts. This year the kids loved all their presents. They had such a great day with cousins and family. Ethan had a hard time falling asleep tonight because he wants to play! What's great is that they will get 6 days to play with their toys before we fly out and then when we get back they will feel like new toys again!

And there were a couple presents this year that were extra special. My dad made Alicia's American Doll a bed and mom made a quilt for it! It is so nice. And then Alicia wanted Ariel's wedding dress for WDW. Well, they do not make that dress anymore so my mom made one. It is so pretty.

I hope you all had a Christmas to remember. I know this year we did.

2 comments:

The Theisen Twosome said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I hope your sister made it to spend with your family. We spent the day with both of our families it was nice.

Duo Na said...

I'm glad you had a nice Christmas. I had one too. Our Christmas was nice and quiet. ;o)