Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Disney Day 3

(If you have not read day 1 or day 2 or both please jump below and read those first.)
I have to start by apologizing. I forgot my camera back at the resort this day! I know my mother-in-law has some on her camera but I don’t have those yet. I wish I did as I made matching shirts for the kids. They each had brown shirts with a mickey mouse head on the front in an animal print. Alicia's head was a leopard print and Ethan's was a tiger. They turned out really cute. I am going to try to find some pictures online of Nemo and the other rides so you can get an idea of what they are like.

Day 3 Animal Kingdom

Today is Saturday! We got up at 7. We did this most mornings, getting up between 6:45 and 7:15. We did not make rope drop but were there soon after. We got some pastries from a little cart there with some snack credits and they were so good. (I should mention here that we bought the DDP, Disney Dining plan. This gave us 1 snack credit, 1 counter service, and one table service for every night we were there for each of us.) While we ate Martha and Gordon took some time to take some pictures with the photopass photogs. They are all over the park taking pictures and then putting them on a card for you. I pre-ordered the photopass pictures so I wanted to take as many pictures as we could. We then headed to Expedition Everest for fast passes. Then it was off to Dinoland. We went on the Triceratop Spin and then off to Dinosaur. I thought this one was going to be too scary for the kids but they did great. I got off it and my back was so sore. It is a really really rough ride. The kids and I headed to The Boneyard next while Ben headed off to get fast passes for Kilimanjaro Safari and Gordon and Martha went to Expedition Everest. The Boneyard is a playground that has dinosaur bones to uncover and lots of slides that are combined by rickety bridges and ropes. There is an old jeep to climb on, it is just a fun place to hang out and waste time. We all met back up and then Ben and I went on EE. I loved this ride but I was the only one of the four of us that did. Alicia did not want to do this one and even though Ethan wanted too BADLY he was too short. We had 2 more fast-passes for this one but since I was the only one willing to go again we gave those away and headed to the Safari. We all loved this one. Gordon and Alicia thought it was their favorite for the day. Next we headed to Kali River Rapids but on the way there we found Baloo and King Louie so we stopped for some signatures and pictures. I had made pillowcases to use instead of an autograph book and so I was ready to start getting some names on them. But I guess King Louie never signs his name. The pictures on my photopass are pretty good but I don't have those yet! Anyway we continued on to Kali River Rapids. I was the one pushing for this one and I have to say I will NEVER go on this one again unless I have a full outfit to change into. I got soaked. I don’t mean a little wet but completely soaked. I could not get dry the rest of the day. This did end up being my daughters favorite ride of the entire stay though. So I am glad we went on it -- but ICK! It was now time for our lunch ADR, Advanced Dining Reservation, at Tusker House. We did it at 1:00 because this gave us Nemo passes for the 3:15 show. We all enjoyed the food here. I would definitely go back. After lunch we had some time to kill before Nemo so we went to find some characters. We found Christmas Pooh, Tigger and Eeyore. So 3 more names for the pillowcases. Now we headed on to Finding Nemo, the Musical. The vouchers ended up being great. We did not have to wait in the long line everyone else stands in, but went to our own entry way. They let us in before the others and we got to sit in the front right bottom section! We had seen this show before but it was so cool sitting so close. Partly because you can see the faces better but also because in this show they use the runways and walkways for their show. So they surrounded us. It was very neat. At the end Dory swam out and looked right at Alicia and said “hello princess.” Alicia thought this was very special, her eyes lit right up and she had to make sure we all had seen that. I love this show. The colors are so bright and they do such a good job! It made me really want to see The Festival of the Lion King as I had seen Nemo last trip but not the Lion King. But the kids were fading and us girls were still wet and ready to change so it was not to be. We headed back to our resort. The kids and the men, again went swimming while my mother-in-law and I headed to Downtown Disney to get some sandwiches. I did put on a fleece shirt and a vest from Lands End even though it was still probably 70 degrees. I just could not shake the coldness from that ride. We also stopped by the Christmas store where I bought a few things and window shopped some. Then we all ate some food and headed off to bed. It was another great day.

1 comment:

momaof4 said...

Renae wants to go on the rapid ride. I have heard you get soaked!!! So funny. :)