Thursday, January 29, 2009

I love books. You all know I love books. I think I love books because they talk to me. I see new truths, I feel new emotions, I see new things. I am in the middle of reading three books. One I may not ever finish and the other two are falling into my list of books that speak to me.

Maggie by Charles Martin is so good. I have read all of Charles Martins books that I can get my hands on. If you have never heard of him RUN and get his books. He CAN write!!! His writing is beautiful. Not every book that I like actually has beautiful writing. He is set apart in my list of great writers. He is really gifted. Maggie is about a lady who has given birth to her first child. The boy dies at birth and Maggie falls into coma. She wakes and that is where the book starts. The difficulties her husband and her must go through to find each other again. It is really beautiful. What is so great about this book is that Martin is a Christian. This also sets him apart. I have not finished this book yet but it has made me look at little white lies in a whole new light. Not that I ever thought they were good but he has new insights into them. really makes you stop and think a bit!

I am telling you this because I know we all hunt for the next great book. So go read anything by Charles Martin.

2 comments:

momaof4 said...

Can you finish this and bring it on next Sunday ;)

I would love to borrow it!!! I am in need of a new one. I have 3 Christmas ones looking at me, but I am so done with Christmas.

KLB said...

Ok! I am sold. At our next girl day bring them all! he he