Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lost temper

I tried to take pictures of my kids yesterday in their Christmas garb. They got all pretty, while grumbling, and I took them outside. But I did not get 1 picture. They were not in the mood to be accommodating. Alicia is now grounded from Webkinz for a week and I am in a bad mood. I really wanted to use my kodak code to get my free Christmas cards but Alicia hates her picture to be taken. I don't know what to do to get a few pictures out of her. I lost my temper. It isn't too soon after I loose it that I realize I loose a lot more then my temper when I let in to my ugly feelings. My daughter gets very hurt and looses a little bit of her respect of me.

This week in my Bible study we were reminded how we need to be in prayer over our day. If I had really been listening I would have been praying before those pictures. I knew they were going to be hard to get. I knew it wasn't going to be fun. So why didn't I take it to the Lord before? Hopefully I learned something from yesterday. I am sure I will be tested again. Hopefully next time I will react with grace.

1 comment:

momaof4 said...

love you. we all do that! And we all need to be in prayer over our day. What a great reminder as I have 3 home today...
Love you.