Friday, November 13, 2009

Praying with kids

In the morning it is always a race to get the kids bathed, fed, clothed, and with all the right things in the right bags. I like to leave a bit early and once we get to school we sit in the van and we pray. I started this last year and this year I have noticed a few things. They are exciting things to a mommy. One, the length of my prayers have gotten longer. They don't fidget or move around as much as they used to and so I can pray longer. And two they will not let me forget that I need to pray before we leave the van. I love it.
I have also noticed that this has become a good time for them to talk with me. It's only a few minutes but they seem to be very open this time of the morning. Yesterday we got to talking about cave men and dinosaurs. I immediately thought she meant cave men like apes but Alicia said of course we didn't come from apes. She just meant that men lived in caves before they built houses. :) Too funny. It was a good lead in to praying about seeking out truths and not listening to the lies the world can try to sell us.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That is fantastic!

momaof4 said...

Love that. I need to do that better with my kiddo's especially since they are in public. Even more important to protect them with prayer!!