Tuesday, November 10, 2009

"padding"

I was watching Brothers and Sisters where Kitty was recalling pulling shoulder pads out of a jacket and putting them into her bra. Her date hugged her and they popped out and went flying. It reminded me of a very embarrassing moment I had in high school. I am far enough past it that I think I can share it with you all. :)

For my first prom I went with a boy I didn't care for much. One of my closest friends convinced me to be nice to this guy that liked me and so I said "yes." And then regretted it, well, until this day. ANYWAY, I was even more flat chested then I am today and so I added some "padding." I used the ones you are supposed to use but somehow while we were at our restaurant one slipped out and fell down my leg. I could feel it falling out and making its way down my body but there wasn't much I could do. I discretely picked it up and went to the bathroom. I took the other one out and threw them both away. I still don't know if anyone ever saw but I would like to think not.

I hadn't thought of that moment in years. I don't think I shared it with very many people even then. So consider yourself lucky, or not.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm sorry. I laughed. You should have included a prom picture.

February Jill said...

I agree! The only thing that would have made this better is if we had a picture of you with your date! Shane and I are wracking our brains to try to figure out who you went with. Please tell, please please!

momaof4 said...

To funny!!!! Love it. :)