Sunday, November 16, 2008

Question for you

When do you put up a Christmas tree? Do you wait until after Thanksgiving, or the week of Christmas, or do you even put a tree up. Please share your tree traditions.

I am hoping to get our tree the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We have friends from church that have a tree farm and will probably head out there again. We have gone many times with Ben's parents and will probably call them again to go with us. Last year it was an incredibly beautiful fall day. I hope for the same this year. I think we even got Starbucks on the way out. I like that tradition!

4 comments:

The Theisen Twosome said...

But last year I bought a fake tree at 75% off. So I will probably put up my tree the weekend after Thanksgiving too. When I was growing up we had a fake tree too. It was fun to put the tree together as a family. Maybe that is why I bought one. Plus it is cheaper.

Smiles said...

We decided to do the "artificial" tree thing too the first year we got married. When we added up all the benefits it was more practical, given that I wanted a 9ft tree and we had a Honda Civic. The live trees were pretty expensive so Ken ran the ROI scenario and won the debate. Growing up we always had a live tree so I thought it would be difficult to adjust to... but I like being able to put it up the day after Thanksgiving and not worry about whether we will have time to go get a tree. Candles can assist with the fresh Christmas tree scent :-)

KLB said...

We will put ours up after Abby's birthday

momaof4 said...

We are headed out the Friday after THANKS for the woods to cut ours down. When it goes up??? That all depends on if i get the house cleaned up and ready..sort of a weird nervous thing ;) But it has to be clean so all the pine needles fall on a clean floor! TEE, hee