Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Day 10 *English Bus Tour #1

Last night there was one of the biggest thunder/lightening storms I've ever seen. Made it hard to sleep and we both knew we would need our rest for the morning when we headed to Stratford Upon Avon, the Cotswolds, and Oxford. ****** It was such a nice day. Though the weather wasn't actually what one would call nice it was perfect for lots of walking. And we out ran the rain the whole day. It would start to mist and it be time to head to the next spot. ***** Our tour had 11 people total and they were the nicest group to spend a day with. Stratford is where William Shakespeare was born, where he came back in his old age, and where he is buried. Really cute town.where he lived until 18 where he went to school. and where William Shakespeare is buried. *********Next we drove through a little area of the Cotswolds stopping at a couple villages. Seriously beautiful. But the scenery reminds me a lot of Oregon. The green hills, hay fields, sheep. We just don't have the gorgeous houses and gardens. **********We ended the day at Oxford. I'm seriously on beauty overload. I love English architecture. A little inspiration for C.S. Lewis' Narnia! Today was a thoroughly enjoyable day. ********Lesson learned: if your daughter says she understands when you tell her many times before the trip that there will be lots of pictures, she's just placating you. She will not get pictures of me, of her and me, and I have to be fast to get pictures of her in them. 😞

6 comments:

godizlife said...

Looks like a wonderful day. What an experience

Duo Na said...

Lesson learned??

red-headed Wilson's said...

Added it! 😃

momaof4 said...

Silly girl!
I love these pictures! My favorite is the gate with the flowers. It could be on your wall, or mine 😉

rachel w said...

Lessoned learned is my favorite

Duo Na said...

So sad! ALICIA let your momma take pictures, will ya?!