Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Day 9 our new place

This morning we got to sleep in a bit before we headed to the hotel breakfast, packed our bags up, and went to catch a black cab. We were a bit nervous about hailing our first cab but we walked out the hotel 5 steps to the edge of the sidewalk where I stuck my arm out to the oncoming cab and in less then 30 seconds we were on our way. So easy. We were moving on to the flat I had booked for the next 8 nights. There is something comforting about being able to unpack and relax in a place for a week. Alicia and I now have our own rooms and there is a kitchen and living room. This is the view out the dining room window.
We next headed out along the Thames to see Big Ben. Also saw the London Eye, Westminster Abbey, Palace of Westminster, and some other pretty buildings. We grabbed a few groceries and headed back to our flat for the week. At dinner time I went looking for a place for some take-away where I found Tia Maria. I was hoping it was Italian but it was Brazilian and everything I brought home was disgusting. We were very unhappy with this choice. Hopefully that is the end of crappy food.************** Lesson learned: it was incredibly windy today and with all the construction in the area and trees, bits kept blowing into our eyes. We wish we had worn our sunglasses.

1 comment:

momaof4 said...

So pretty! What a great view. You look great too 😘